Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Week 8: Reading and Writing

Hello VagaBuddies and welcome to a very retrospective blog post. 
I am going to take the time here to look back on the last couple months of reading and writing blog posts that I've done, just to see how I can shift gears to make better content in the future. 

Overall, I can say that all the reading and writing blog posts are going great for me personally! The reading notes give me a chance to develop my thoughts on the readings, which is difficult to do if you're not in a book club or anything and aren't forced to talk about what you read. The stories, on the other hand, give me the chance to express myself and be creative (and it has been a great outlet for me this semester!) Overall, I think my writing is pretty good, and I have had a lot of fun trying out different styles of stories to tell. However, I have noticed that my sciency stories did NOT do very well in terms of page views, comments etc (LOL)(See Image below from my very first story!). That makes sense to me, because like who wants to read a story about water purification?? I am kind of glad I moved away from that style, because honestly it has been a lot more fun writing stories where I don't need to do a lot of outside research to write! I did like that those stories were a unique retelling of the original stories, but I just didn't feel as creative about it. 
Figure 1: Cartoon drawing of a normal cell next to a carcinoma cell with description of the carcinoma cell in green: YouTube

Overall, I am looking forward to doing some more creative writing, and continuing the meta-writing style I developed in my Week 5 story! That one was by far my favorite one to write, and it came so easily! Not only that, but it definitely seemed to be received well among the other people in this class! I think that I would like to try a lot more meta-style writing assignments. My roommate is a connoisseur of meta-fiction, so I am sure he could give me some ideas to try to incorporate into my writing. What a challenge!
Vaga-Buon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment