Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Week 8: Comments and Feedback

Hello VagaBuddies and welcome to retrospective post Part 2: Electric Bugaloo!

In this post, instead of being meta and reviewing my previous posts, I am going to be even MORE meta and reviewing my reviewing techniques! A large part of this class has been. learning about the feedback process and practicing giving and receiving feedback throughout this class on various assignments.
For myself, I found it interesting to learn about the feedback process, especially because of my job outside of school. Working as a math tutor to grade school kids through high school means that I work with a lot of kids with low self-confidence on a subject that they struggle with. Giving good feedback has helped me be more encouraging to my students, even when I tell them that they're wrong.

From Feedback Cats: Cheezburger

I chose the above Feedback Cats (TM) picture, because I am by far my own worst critic. I don't think I am overly critical of myself, but I usually find much more fault in my work than others do. I hold myself to a high standard, and sometimes I fail. Usually, though, I am able to have a great attitude and work/study harder for next time. I feel lucky to have a great attitude when it comes to working, and I hope I keep with me all my life!
VagaBuon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment