Friday, January 17, 2020

Technology Tools + Extra Browser Extensions!

Welcome VagaBuddies!

Since this is my first online class, I was already mentally preparing myself for a different structure compared with my other classes, but this class also seems to be different than a typical online course! I did appreciate that it was explained why Canvas isn't used very much in this course, and I also appreciate all the helpful links that are provided to us!

Plant - Society People that post tutorials on YouTube
Meme about how I learn practical skills and everything with technology: MemeBase

Most of the technology tips (especially about browsers and browser plugins) I was very familiar with. I do have a couple more browser extension suggestions!
Firstly, for all those who care that the earth is burning, I recommend Ecosia! Ecosia replaces your default search engine (which is probably Google or Bing), and uses profits from your searches to fund tree planting projects all over the globe! Not only are they very transparent about their profits on their website, but even independent reviews are also always positive! It's a great way to incorporate green living in your everday life.
Another suggestion I have that EVERYONE needs to download is Honey. Honey is another free browser extension that automatically searches the internet for online coupons and then checks all of them in a couple while you are just sitting at the check out page of your favorite online store. Then, based on how much you save, you also receive "honey gold," which can be spent on more bonuses. Basically, it's a must-have for online shoppers.

I hope that you find either of these extensions useful, and happy internet-ing!
Vaga-Buon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment